Some of you remember that a year or so ago I did a series of interviews here with some pretty amazing running friends of mine. They were the Streaking Runners – those of us that run every single day of the year – no matter what! It was really fun finding out more about those runners, so I decided to do it again.
This time around, I’m going to feature some running friends of mine that belong to a cool Facebook group – The Slow Runners Club. This is a “virtual running club for runners of all abilities and those without a need for speed”! There’s some pretty cool people there – and I can’t wait to learn more about them!
Today’s interview is with Tim Brabender. Let’s find out more about Tim!
Hi. I’m Tim Brabender from Peshtigo Wisconsin. I’m 57 years old and am married to my best friend and love of my life Karen for 31 years and have a daughter Allison. I work at St Vincent Hospital in Green Bay.
- How long have you been running?
I have been running since 2013
- How many days a week do you run?
I run three times a week
- How many hours a week do your work?
I work 40 hours a week in addition to the 2 hours a day I drive to and from work
- What time of day do you prefer to run?
I prefer to run in the morning.
- How many miles a week do you typically run?
Usually run 10-25 miles a week depending on where I’m at training.
- Do you ever have problems fitting your running in with your schedule? How do you deal with any problems?
Don’t have too much problems fitting running into schedule
- How did you get started running?
Got started running from a friend who gave me a c25k app. Went from that.
- What was your best run ever?
My most memorable run was my first half marathon. Learned a lot in a short time.
- Do you have any running quirks? What are they?
Quirks? I think I look kind of stiff running.
- Do you have a favorite place to run? Where is it?
Favorite place to run is out on country roads early in the morning
- Do you have a favorite race? What race is it?
Favorite race? My next one!!
- If you could run anywhere in the world where would it be?
Favorite place to run? Anywhere warm!
- Do you have a dream race that you’d like to run?
Dream race? Would like to travel around the country to do other races in other states
- Have you ever been injured? What was it? How did you deal with it?
Never been injured.
- Do you have any running goals? What are they? (If you don’t mind sharing)
Goals for this year is to do 3 half marathons in 6 weeks. Prefer to run alone.
- Do you prefer to run with others or do you prefer to run alone?
Prefer to run alone.
- Do you have a running hero? Can be living or not.
My running heroes are those online runners I have connected with. Keeps me inspired.
18. What is the most extreme conditions that you’ve ever run in?
I’ve run in 0 degrees and 85 degrees and everything in between. Wisconsin weather!!
19. What one thing will you absolutely not run without?
Will not run without iPod
- What 3 words would you use to describe your running?
Steady, consistent, determined
So, there you know a little more about Tim! If you are a runner who “doesn’t have a need for speed” – come on over and join us at the Slow Runners Club.